Experience and Highly Trained Tennessee DUI Defense Attorney That Can Help You.
Tennessee DUI Blood Tests
Many people believe that once someone submits to a blood test, that they will be automatically convicted of DUI in Tennessee. This is not necessarily true. In many cases, there are still several offenses available to someone who has consented to a blood, breath, or urine test.
Some defenses that a Tennessee DUI Lawyer can raise include, but are not limited to:
- The underlying stop was “bad” or illegal.
- The blood sample was taken incorrectly.
- The blood sample was taken at a time to distant from the time of driving in order to determine intoxication at the time of driving.
- The proper advisement's were not read or stated to the driver prior to the blood sample being obtained.
- Chain of custody issues with the blood sample.
- The blood sample was not preserved correctly.
- The blood sample was not tested in a timely manner.
- There were other contaminants in the tube prior to the blood being obtained,
- There was not “reasonable grounds” to request that the driver submit to a blood test.
And many others.
As a result, do not assume that you do not have a defense or you will automatically lose your license just because you agreed to submit to a blood test. There are cases that are successfully defended all the time where the driver has agreed to give a blood test.
Contact a Qualified, Experienced Knoxville, TN DUI Defense Lawyer
In order to successfully defend a case where a blood test has been given, it is vitally important that you contact a skilled Tennessee DUI lawyer as soon as possible. Call (865) 540-8300 to talk to a Tennessee DUI attorney at the Garza Law Firm about your DUI and schedule a free appointment to assess your Tennessee DUI case. The call and the first appointment are free.